Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Night At The Eagles Game

Sunday night football, nationally televised audience, do or die rival game.  I think it's safe to say the Eagles' last game was a big one.  For the majority of the game, there wasn’t a butt in a seat (besides this picture).  The crowd was electric, there was not one time in the game where there was a need to worry. 
Now this was actually my first Eagles game in a few years.  The atmosphere is incomparable.  Having been to a handful of Phillies game this past year, I figured I knew what to expect, I was wrong.  From the time I set foot on the subway, I knew good things were to come.  As the swarm of green got off at AT&T Station, echoes of “E-A-G-L-E-S,” could be heard in every direction.  It is impossible not to join in on that chant.  The most I can make it without saying anything is G.  That’s where I draw the line.  At the very least, after G, it’s go time.
In a 34-7 win, plenty of big plays from LeSean “Shady” McCoy, Michael Vick and the swarming defense means plenty of high fives being thrown around all over the place.  Nice run? High five. Nice pass? High five. Nice stop? High five. The guy next to you eats a hot dog in one bite? High five.  It really is a thing of beauty.  No matter who’s around you, when something big happens, it’s time for high fives. I’m fairly confident that I could have robbed a bank after the game, because no way could crime scene investigators pick out my DNA from the 250 others that had to be on my hands.
I was so excited, when I got home, I looked up how much it would be to get season tickets.  Then I saw I would be in line to get the tickets for 4,000 years??? So many people are in line that it could literally take 4,000 years, touché Eagles fans, that’s pretty impressive.  I guess I’ll have to think of an alternative, but one thing’s for sure, as the great Arnold once said, I’ll be baaaaack.

No comments:

Post a Comment